5. The Blackout – Roundhouse Camden, November
- This was a great night, the support was in the form of We Are The Ocean who were a great opening act to have as they have a large following themselves. The Roundhouse is a great venue, one of the best in Camden (and there are a few to choose from). The Blackout were on top form as usual, and I was glad to get to see most of 'Hope' live. They even played 'Higher and Higher' twice, why you say? No-one knows...
4. All Time Low – o2 Academy Brixton, March
- This was a really good gig because of all the bands on show, the first act were Young Guns, followed by the rejuvenated Yellowcard who really do have some great songs. The main event were All Time Low, one of my favourite bands. Sometimes you can have acts that speak to much and aren't funny, or ones that don't speak enough to the crowd. All Time Low get it spot on, and the music is fun to dance around/sing along too!
3. The Streets – o2 Academy Brixton, March.
- March was clearly a good month for music. This was a great night, I was so happy to get to see The Streets on their last ever headline tour. I won't say too much as you can check out the full review here; http://www.iknowasong.com/9/post/2011/03/there-will-be-no-sequel-to-this-evening.html
What I will say is that it was one of the most emotional gigs I have ever been to.
2. Young Guns – HMV Forum, September
- You would think that a complete power failure, so therefore no expensive light show, would effectively ruin a gig. However, even though they had to play the whole show in the relative dark with only a few spotlights illuminating the stage, it was epic. There was no lack of enthusiasm on stage, and the band vocally and musically were on the money.
1. Foo Fighters – Milton Keynes Bowl, July
- Well, I don't even know how to start describing this. Imagine Biffy Clyro opening, with their insanely awesome live show. Followed by two and a half hours of Dave Grohl, essentially the entire Foo Fighters greatest hits, most of the new album and a cameo from Alice Cooper. I don't actually think live music gets a lot better. Not just the best gig of the year, but one of the best I have ever been to.
We would love to hear about some of the acts you hacve seen this year. Or who you are seeing in 2012.